Why? The brain child of Emma Louis ( Blipfonica | North Wales ) and Phil Morton ( Frakture | Liverpool ) the Improvisers' Network/Wales has been developed through an identified need to;
- Put creative people in touch with each other.
- To introduce the practices of free improvisation to musicians who may have never worked in this way before.
- To provide a portal, to the world of free improvisation.
- To develop an archive.
- To host, support the discussion that free improvisation in the performing arts generates.
- To host a glossary of terms and concepts used by the genre.
- Are you a musician who wants to develop skills in free improvisation
- Do you practice free improvisation, would you like to have contact with like minded artists
- Are you a contemporary composer looking for experimental musicians to realise your work?
- Do you wish to contact "like minded people" in your area ? in Wales?
If you answered yes
- to any of those questions then this is the networking service for you, however, it will only work if you are signed up for it.
How do I join I hear you ask ?
- Just click this link here to view the improvisers’ network Wales contact form.
- Visit the FAQ's, click here
for more information on the thinking behind the network.
Emma and Phil look forward to hearing from you.
improvisers network/wales would like to thank and acknowledge the following ,Arts Council Wales for funding to help set up improvisersnetwork/wales, Frakture.org legacy for web hosting. The voluntary input of artists and administrators involved.