System 50:50 full description is here URL LINK
The general approach is by way `free improvised music` but in 50:50 each improviser is only active/improvising for 50% of the duration of the piece of music.
As a starting point, to trial 50:50 there is a rehearsal group which is researching how System 50:50 works out in practice.
Vocalists and instrumentalists (however defined) are welcome to join this group.
In addition to these closed sessions, concert opportunities will be taken when the opportunity arises.
The quartet is drawn from the contact list of 8 or more names. It is not a closed group of four names.
If you are interested in this project, complete the form below.
The next session is Wednesday 7th February 2018 at 2.00pm. There is `one seat` available
at this session for an improviser. Please complete the form below if you would like to attend
- The duration of the piece.
- The default duration is 6 minutes
- Playing as a trio too
- Sharing by discussion the individual strategies used during performing system 50:50 as a quartet.
- Location: private space is being considered at this stage, other options include the LIC studio at The Bluecoat
- The frequency of session: once every 4-6 weeks or as agreed.
names of individuals interested
- Ian Simpson
- Jair-Rohm Parker Wells
- Martin Hackett (Oxford Improvisers)
- Phil Morton
- Phil Lucking
- Richard Harding
- Robin Hartwell
To express an interest, to request to join the project, refer to the following contact details or use the form below.
- email: email@example.com
- Call Phil Morton mob 07999518582