The acoute format, created by the Frakture Concerts Team (FCT) in 2011 Acoute, has been a successful concept and evoked strong attendance. heat and ideas. April 1st 2014 witnessed acoute becomming a stand alone project managed by praxis:acoute.
It is acoustic, it embraces both free improvisation and compositions, from the acoute VII onwards the brief will be expanded to explore and range of associated practices leading to a festival.;
acoute festival outline
- The Themes
- To explore the acoustic in a digital age
- To explore the act of listening in the creative process.
- To be delivered by
- acoute installations
- special acoute recordings, studio recordings, not recordings of concerts
- The launch phase of acoute featured alternating content, a free improvisation concerts, followed by a composition driven concert. Starting in 2014, and acoute VIII acoute concerts may feature a mix of genres and presentations
- to encourage specific groups, to explore the acoute house style, rather than ad hoc ensembles or workshop ensembles.
- to devise and deliver creative workshops that explore the interface and boundaries between free improvisation in music/ performance and composition.
- explore the act of listening within the acoustic ecology aesthetic.
- to work towards a festival , that pulls the above threads together.
Exciting and interesting times.
Join the conversation